This module implements the builtins exposed in the Nix language.
See //tvix/eval/docs/builtins.md for a some context on the available builtins in Nix.
- impure 🔒
- to_xml 🔒This module implements
builtins.toXML, which is a serialisation of value information as well as internal tvix state that several things in nixpkgs rely on.
- versions 🔒
- Internal helper function for genericClosure, determining whether a value has been seen before.
- Coerce a Nix Value to a plain path, e.g. in order to access the file it points to via either
builtins.toPathor an impure builtin. This coercion can never be performed in a Nix program without using builtins (i.e. the trick
path: /. + pathto convert from a string to a path wouldn’t hit this code).
- Return all impure builtins, that is all builtins which may perform I/O outside of the VM and so cannot be used in all contexts (e.g. WASM).
- The set of standard pure builtins in Nix, mostly concerned with data structure manipulation (string, attrs, list, etc. functions).